Right! It’s here – time to get seriously organised. I’m getting a bit scared now, although I’m not sure why because there is nothing hugely frightening about the task. I’m already a planner and a Queen of List-making. I have so many notebooks lying around where I plan weekly meals and my shopping and I have workout log books and running log books, training plans and lots of mini goals …. so why the nerves? Actually, at the time of writing I’m thinking that maybe I’m nervous today generally because I’ve got an interview coming up in a couple of hours and there are so many questions hanging over it …
Will I get it/Will they want anyone as old as me/How can I make myself stand out/Am I prepared enough/Do I really know what I’m doing/What if the job times don’t suit/What if, as usual, I come away knowing there were a thousand answers I could’ve given to those questions and I couldn’t think of any ………………….. *cue SCREAM, FOOT-STAMPING, FRUSTRATION* ….
So … I took a couple of hours to really think about this task and commit to paper and fortunately, I did this yesterday, because today I can’t think past one o’clock!! (see, people just don’t employ 50-year-olds, do they!)
Ahhhhh!! Stop! Getting distracted again …. The task required 4, 8 and 12-week goals but I’m setting out my goals for Week 1, too …
Ready? Steady? Let’s go ….
WEEK ONE 12wbt GOALS:
Take time to understand the whole plan and what’s required
Sort meals and shopping
Stick rigidly to the training schedule for the week – print off workouts ready for each day
Watch out for knee trouble – build up to 5k by 17 Feb
18 Feb Boxercise course – Enjoy and plan snacks for red flag train journeys!!
Plan reward for successful completion of ALL goals! (that birthday massage voucher?)
Stay positive, think ahead, plan for Week 2 earlier rather than later
TASK No. 1 … RED FLAG DAYS
February: 18th – possibly (Boxercise Instructor course)
March 9th – 12th – Luxembourg weekend
March 18th – Mothering Sunday … who knows what the kids will have planned lol
April 5th to 12th – Holiday w/ in-laws and no control over food!
April 15th – Marathon …. Dinner is likely to be BIG (but think I’ll have earned it?)
TASK No. 2 … WHICH WORKOUTS AND WHERE
Monday – Fitness (SSS?) – GYM
Tuesday – Fitness – Outdoors
Wednesday – Toning + Karate – GYM
Thursday – Fitness + Kickboxing – GYM
Friday – Toning – Outdoors
Saturday – Kickboxing (erm …. Rest day? Not quite, but can’t organise it any other way)
Sunday – Light fitness, core and stretch – Outdoors
TASK 3 – SHOPPING
Online shopping as always (that way I’m not tempted walking down aisles!). Thursday afternoon is when I plan the family meals (kids’ meals and OH and my meals if ‘alterations’ needed, e.g. kids hate lentils so salad instead etc.). Shopping arrives Friday morning. I’m not planning ‘cooking days’ because I hate freezing and defrosting (don’t ask me why) … I cook from fresh every day and count myself extremely lucky that I have the time to do it.
TASK 4 – MILESTONES
Weight loss: 4 lbs/1.8 kilos
- Tick off 4 weeks COMPLETE of 12wbt
- Running goal: 10k-15k LSD
- Rowing goal: 500/400/300/200/100 in under 6 minutes
- Kickboxing: Combos sorted and learned
- Pilates: Try not to die of boredom *yawn*
- Weight loss: 6 lbs to date = 2.7 kilos
- Be proud of Easter holiday nutrition-handling without offending in-laws
- Be proud of exercising EVERY day in Geneva
- Running: 2 x ½ marathon LSDs
- 8 weeks of 12wbt ACCOUNTABILITY (expecting a few tough days …)
- Weight loss maintenance
- GO FOR IT attitude for last 4-week stretch
- Steady running and BRIGHTON MARATHON
- DON’T RUN AWAY FROM THAT DAMN FINISH LINE (my usual habit which is not going to beat me this time. It WON’T!!)
- REMEMBER: The road continues on the other side of the Finish Line
- CRUNCH TIME …. READY OR NOT READY FOR ULTRA?? (2 weeks to go …)
- Kickboxing … BLACK BELT GRADING … hmmmmm! Am thinking … November!
- SIGN UP FOR ROUND 2 to consolidate, regroup, refresh, smash some new goals!